Application (DC Program)
Please fill out the form completely with all required fields before submitting.
The program is usually limited to juniors and seniors (outstanding sophomores will be considered on a case-by-case basis). We will base our admissions decisions on your level of interest, your completed application and an interview.
Application Deadlines, Interviews
Summer 2018 AND Fall 2018, Deadlines
Friday, Oct. 6 at 11:59 p.m.
- Applicants will be contacted if they are selected for an interview. Interviews will take place Monday, Oct. 16, and Tuesday, Oct. 17.
- Resume -- Please attach a resume that includes: current and permanent address and phone number; email address; student number; education; work experience; computer experience or other specialized skills; honors; and activities.
- Unofficial Transcript -- Transcripts can be obtained at your department's advising office on campus, or you can download a copy from LionPATH. An official transcript is not necessary.
Two Letters of Recommendation -- Letters of recommendation should be written by professors, academic advisers or employers who can speak to the quality and degree of professionalism of your work.
These letters should be addressed "To Whom it May Concern" and emailed directly to program coordinator Katie Sullivan at email@example.com by the recommending person. Please label the subject line of the email " Student First Name Last Name Letter of Recommendation."
- Essays -- Submit your answers to both of the following essays. Your answers should be clear, thoughtful and carefully prepared. Each essay should be about three pages in length.
- Describe your objectives in applying to this program, and explain what you hpe to gain from your experience in Washington as well as what unique qualities or skills you bring to an internship sponsor. Please discuss internships that you would be interested in, emphasizing type rather than a specific organization.
- Submit a short writing sample from a course you have taken recently. OR, assess a current sociological, political, cultural, environmental or economic issue that is of particular interest to you.
Applications for both Summer 2018 and Fall 2018 must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Friday, Oct. 6.
Submissions MUST include attachments for resume, transcript and essays.
Submissions lacking any of those items will not be considered.