A 12-member group of alumni serves as an advisory group and resource for the Curley Center overall, and for its students specifically. Members include:
- Marty Aronoff – A 1960 graduate and a Penn State Alumni Fellow, Aronoff serves as a sports statistician for major TV networks, covering Major League Baseball, the NBA, NFL and major college basketball and football. He logs more than 300,000 miles of travel each year.
- Jennifer Bullano – A 2003 advertising/public relations graduate, Bullano serves as the senior director of communications for the Pittsburgh Penguins. She is the only female to hold her position in the NHL.
- Judson Burch – A 1992 journalism graduate, Burch is a senior coordinating producer at ESPN.
- Jim Buzinski – A 1980 journalism graduate, Buzinski is the co-founder of Outsports.com, a website devoted to LGBT sports fans and athletes. The site is run by SB Nation.
- Deb Gelman – A 1991 broadcast-cable graduate, Gelman is a producer/director who works extensively with CBS Sports on both NFL coverage and the NCAA basketball tournament. An Emmy Award-winning talent, she also serves as president of Creative Spark Productions.
- Amanda Gifford Lockwood – A 2004 journalism graduate, Gifford Lockwood is a senior director for the ESPN Radio Network, overseeing sports talk programming to millions of sports fans nationwide.
- Scott Horner – A 2002 advertising/public relations graduate, Horner is a senior director of the North American Sales and Marketing Group for Octagon, a leader in sports marketing, talent representation, event management, entertainment marketing and research.
- Emily Kaplan – A 2013 journalism graduate, Kaplan is a staff writer for Sports Illustrated, producing content for The MMQB.
- Michael Robinson – An advertising/public relations (2004) and journalism (2005) graduate, Robinson is a studio analyst for the NFL Network and the Big Ten Network. He played football for Penn State and went on to a career in the NFL with the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks.
- Rich Russo – A 1984 graduate of Penn State, Russo serves as the lead NFL director for Fox Sports and directs many other sports as well, including MLB, NASCAR, college basketball and college football. Russo has directed multiple Super Bowl broadcasts.
- Tom Verducci – A 1982 journalism graduate, Verducci is a senior writer for Sports Illustrated and is an analyst for Fox Sports and MLB Network. He's a two-time Emmy Award winner for his television work and was named National Sportswriter of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in January 2015.
- Michael Weinreb – A 1994 journalism graduate, Weinreb is a writer and author who contributes to publications including Rolling Stone. He was a writer for the former ESPN sports feature site Grantland.com.