Graduate Courses, Summer 2019
Media and Public Opinion
May 13 - June 21 / Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
1-3:10 p.m. / 003 Carnegie
Dr. Mike Schmierbach
- How do we define public opinion, and why does it matter?
- Does public opinion require public expression, public deliberation or even public participation?
- How do we measure public opinion when we study it, and how can we do it better?
- Can media really have an effect on public opinion, and what kind of effect would make a difference?
- How much credit (or blame) do media deserve for the current state of democratic government, and how do they function differntly in absence of that system?