The Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications Advancement Council works to meet and exceed annual and long-term fundraising goals through personal support and by working to engage alumni philanthropically. It is a think-tank both for the Dean and the Director of Development as we seek to make the Bellisario College of Communications the best in the nation and generate the revenue to make that vision a reality.
- To work with the Development Office and other Council members to reach annual development and long-term campaign goals. This includes personal support, active involvement in identifying and meeting prospective donors, making introductions and thanking donors for their contributions to the College.
- To serve as an ambassador for the Bellisario College of Communications, being familiar with our academic programs as well as development goals and being able to articulate the components of these initiatives to prospective donors.
- To strengthen the development efforts by regularly attending Advancement Council meetings and phone calls, providing insights and ideas, and helping to recruit new members.
- Gerald Abrams ('61), Cypress Point Productions, film producer
- Marc Brownstein ('81) Brownstein Group, president and CEO (marketing and communications chair)
- Liz Fetter ('80), Abundance Hill Enterprises LLC, founder and managing partner (development chair)
- Dan Hartman ('85), Hartman Media, media consultant
- Tom Hayden ('77), Smithsonian Networks, president
- Jayne Jamison ('78), Hearst Publications, SVP, publisher and chief revenue officer
- Kim Kingsley ('02), co-founder, former chief operating officer of POLITICO
- Mike Marcus ('67), Echo Lake Productions, head of management
- Mary Meder ('84), Harmelin & Associates Inc., president
- Kathleen Pavelko ('75, '79g), WITF Inc., president and CEO
- Eric Rabe ('68), Eric Rabe Strategic Communications, principal
- Jordan Rednor ('75), Rednor Group Ltd., president
- Lisa Salters ('88), ESPN, reporter